Meeting Your Internet Needs and Answering Your Questions
At Mosaic Telecom, we understand that you might have questions about how our Internet services work. We also know that sometimes you just want to have quick access to the answers to those questions. That's why we've provided a list of our most Frequently Asked Questions when it comes to our Internet services. If you still don't see what you're looking for, please give us a call!
- A recording may start a minute or more after the program has begun. Why is this?
Your DVR is synced with the TV listing and if a network starts a program earlier than on the program guide the DVR will miss that time unless you program your DVR to record earlier.
- Can I erase part of a recorded program?
No. Your DVR can only erase the program in its entirety.
- Can I increase the rewind and fast-forward speed?
Yes. Your DVR has the ability to rewind and fast-forward at four speeds: 2x, 15x, 50x, 300x. Each press of the rewind or fast-forward button increases the speed. The speeds will appear in the status bar as 2x, 15x, 50x and 300x.
- Can I record HD channels and watch another channel?
Yes. You can watch one program or previously recorded programs while recording an HD program.
- Can I record more than one program at the same time?
No. If you are recording a program from 8 am to 10 am, that is the only program that can be recorded during that time frame.
- Can I watch a program while I’m recording?
Yes. You can watch one program or previously recorded programs while recording another.
- Do my Parental Controls work while recording?
Yes. Your Parental Controls will restrict what is viewed or recorded. If you schedule a recording for a program on a channel that is blocked, the program will record, but the video will not appear and the audio will be muted. You will need to enter a PIN to view the program while it is being recorded.
- Does my DVR automatically erase programs to make rooms for new ones?
Yes. Your DVR will automatically erase programs when space is needed. Your DVR will delete the oldest recordings first.
- Does my DVR record any of the menu bar, on-screen program guide, audio volume changes or anything else that appears on the screen when I am using my remote control?
No. Your DVR only records the audio and video of the program you are recording.
- How long can I keep my recordings?
You can keep them as long as you want. Lock the programs you do not want auto-deleted. You may need to erase some locked recordings to make room for others if storage capacity becomes an issue.
- Is it possible to change the font/lettering on the guide?
Yes. You can change the look and feel of the way the guide displays. Please refer to the Remote Control Instructions for how to do this.
- Only a part of my program was recorded. Why?
If the beginning of the program did not record, you may have tuned in after the program had begun. If the end of the program did not record, it could be your DVR reached its content storage capacity. Another reason could be loss of power or digital TV signal during the recording.
- What if the program I record runs beyond the time on the program guide?
Extend the amount of recording time in the Schedule Event screen to anticipate for example, a sporting event running over its originally scheduled time frame. If a game is scheduled to play for two hours, you can add hrs or mins in the Schedule Event screen.